Signet PL1/k is a compact, lightweight, portable audio-frequency induction Hearing Loop for The Deaf Hard of Hearing amplifier capable of generating a loop listening field of more than 100mA/m (the level required by BS 7594) at distances greater than 1m from the unit itself. This provides a listening field of approximately 1.2m².
Over 10% of the population suffer from hearing impairment. The Disability Discrimination Act states anyone offering goods, Facilities or services to the general public must make ‘reasonable’ adjustments to ensure they do not discriminate against such people. The easiest way to meet this requirement is to have a portable induction loop system available and ready for use at all times.
Suitable for counter, table or desktop, it is ideal for restricted person contact in areas such as banks, post offices, reception desks, ticket booths and small meeting rooms. It can be particularly useful in open plan offices because of its portability.
Ready for use within seconds, the PL1/K1 facilitates easy and economical compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act now in force. To help preserve battery life the unit has an automatic shut-down feature after 10, 30 or 60 minutes (user set).
A boundary microphone is available as an optional extra to give greater coverage.
PL1/K1 kit includes PL1 amplifier, plugtop charger, ‘AFILS available’ sticker and durable cardboard storage/carry case
Attractively designed in tough ABS plastic, SigNET’s PL1/K1 portable induction loop system is a truly portable and extremely durable audio frequency induction loop system, packed full of features and available at a very competitive price. Fully compliant with BS7594 and EN60118-4, it is ideal for use in schools, shops, nursing homes, leisure centres, hotels, banks, GP surgeries, reception desks and many other private, public and civic applications.
- Ready to use in seconds
- Fully compliant for Disability Act
- Ideal for counter, table or desk top
- Meeting rooms, banks, offices etc
- Excellent audio performance
- Simple 1 button operation
- Full rechargeable system
- 5 year warranty
- Integral high performance mic
- Battery efficient cut off when not in use
- Additional mic socket included
- Made in UK
- Power Internal 12V VRSLA battery monitored against deep discharge
- Battery Life Expectation 5 years under normal operating/charging conditions
- Charger Separate 230Vac plugtop charger included
- Shut-off Automatic shut-off timer with 10, 30 and 60min options
- Frequency Response 100Hz~5KHz
- Operating Range Nominal 1m at 1KHz providing an AFILS strength of >100mA/m
- Distortion <1% at 1KHz, 1m distance and 100mA/m field strength
- Dimensions 300H x 250W x 100D mm
- Weight 1.7kg including battery